Monday, September 24, 2007

Your Majesty (By Brian McLaren)



I love to see your high white clouds sailing, Lord, like a fleet of mighty galleons on the blue,
and watch white seagulls dive and glide among them.
Your Majesty, they make me think of you….

The rhythm and the roar of ocean breakers, like great dark pages they turned as the tide withdrew.

They curled and they crashed and they pounded the surf in the white foam.
Your Majesty, they make me think of you….

I love to watch the dark gray clouds as a storm's approaching, and see the willow branches sway as the wind blows through…
see the flash of lightning, hear the rumbling or your thunder.
Your Majesty, they make me think of you….

Upon a tall and mighty mountain, with a valley spread below (so beautiful)
I lean into a strong fast breeze and deep inside I know,
that all of creation joins in majestic declaration, from a single leaf and flower of clover to a burning yellow star to show,
Your Majesty, how wonderful you are!

Your salmon spawn after fighting up fast river currents.
Your geese migrate each season as you taught them to.
Your great sea turtles return to the beach of their birth.
Your Majesty, they make me think of you….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful lyrics. I love seeing God's majesty in His creation!