Saturday, August 11, 2007

Focus


We were challenged like crazy, at the 2007 Leadership Summit.

I'm encouraged about the future, because I will help the GO Factor focus quite a bit. I think that's a good "part two" for us!


Here's what I mean:


Right now, I and the Go Factor team will study the strengths of CrossRoads and try to match up our strengths with a few Go Factor opportunities. I still like the idea of offering a whole bunch of places to encourage people to try, but I want to focus on a few to make a big impact there. I think that will help us GO more effectively.

I was also challenged by a movie dude (writer for Notting Hill and Mr. Bean and the brainchild behind the American Idol Gives Back thing), I think his name was Richard Curtis, anyway - I was challenged to provide hope for kids who have no hope. He made the remark that in one destitute country, "the young girls will trade sex for a sit down meal at McDonalds". The point is, they have no hope, so they won't hold out for the future - basically, because they don't believe they have a future. Well, I want to provide hope for kids -- I wonder how that will be lived out here in the Toledo area. Well, I'm kind of babbling -- but I'm encouraged to help us focus, using our strengths, to make a greater impact.

4 comments:

Ernie B said...

Well Im glad you found the time to post! Hopefully soon you will be able to return some messages! PS I told you were going to be a part of that Barn rebuild. Nicely done!

----E

MathGeek said...

Hi Uncle Mark. Its Michael

MathGeek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MathGeek said...

Oh yeah, tell Kenna to post some more. Her page is outdated.