Friday, August 3, 2007

Building a House is Cool!

So, I woke Micah up at 6am and said "We leave at 6:30, so get up!" Micah does not love very much to get up early.

But he did. And paid me back for waking him up: Twice I filled my cup with crystal cold water (on this 95 degree day!) and began drinking -- only to find that Micah had secretly poked a hole or two in the bottom of my cup, and then waited patiently until I got thirsty. He's very funny!

But besides his practical jokes -- he worked his tail off! Way to go, Micah!

Along with the world class building crew (Jim Moline Builders, 2007 Builder of the Year) Micah and I framed a house today. Honestly, the more I do this, the more fun it is! I learn so much each time, and the physical labor is just awesome!

But cooler than that is participating in God's great plan of spreading Kingdom love - of being world changers! I mean, today counted. We worked - not for ourselves, but for others who needed it - we made a difference! Part of God's plan for his people! Thanks God!

We've been working alongside our brothers and sisters from CedarCreek and Calvary Assembly, but of course I'm partial to the family at CrossRoads -- I love you guys!

3 comments:

Jim said...

Cool working the other day. Hey I started a political blog give me a look and add if you would. It's http://nowpolitics.blogspot.com
Thanks

Carlee McDot said...

Looks awsome! Keep up the
WONDERFUL work!!

Jim said...

Give us something new!!!
Jim Moline