Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Next Stop: Pass Christian


Well, we head down to Mississippi this weekend. Tomorrow is a cool day, for the team meets each other for the first time. I'll share with them the scope of the project, tell them to bring jammies and towels and sleeping bags and all that, and then...we'll pray.
This is always one of my favorite meetings. We'll look back on this day and remember how we hardly knew each other, and in a week, it'll seem like we've known each other for years.
Thanks God -- for giving us friends to go through life with!
What we'll do:
Paint, lay Pergo flooring, trim and doors in one house.
And drywall, tape and mud in another. Plus, if we have time, we'll build a deck and stairwell, install windows and wrap a house, getting it ready for siding...
I can't wait!

4 comments:

JLuke said...

Nice blog

sounds like a great trip.
I'll be praying for the trip's success and safety.

Crydo said...

Thanks!
Wanna go? I had my orientation meeiting tonight and we have an opening.

JLuke said...

would love to but can't.
I will be in CA for a work conf. next week.

Crydo said...

Ooooh, tough draw.
Why can't they have meetings in nice places, like Northern Minnesota?