Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dream Big


Well, it's almost over!

For the last 6 weeks, I've attempted to have dessert with everyone in my church.

Jogging has helped to keep me from expanding too much - and some great volunteers in my church helped make this happen.

Tonight, I wrap up the last "in house" dessert. I've been able to go to about 16 homes and meet with small groups of people. While there, I do a talk on Luke 15 (Lost people matter to God) and then we pray and dream. We dream BIG dreams for our church. God's dreams! And it's been fun!
But I'm exhausted. So tonight is a landmark of sorts. I am 'almost' done with phase one of our visioneering plan. (I have one more dessert at the church on Sunday afternoon, for all those who couldn't make an 'in home' invitation).
Next, is prayer and prepare, where I and the Leadership Team work through all the results of these extraordinary meetings.
Then, I'll put together a talk and test drive it a few times.
Rewrite and then we'll have VISION DAY where we'll launch -- together!
That's when it all begins!
Very exciting! The people of Portage Free Methodist have been so great. Awesome prayer times and fantastic ideas! Wow - thanks God!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds like a great effort will be defineletly pay off in the end! Way to go!
P.s. we got your letter the other day and it made me cry:( We love you and miss you sooooo much!!!

Heidi Lee said...

I'm very impressed with what your doing, but not at all surprised, beacuse you are a natural...and I love how on fire you are for God.

Love you Mark.