Monday, December 15, 2008

Coyote

God answers prayer!
So, I've been praying recently, that God would give me someone to get to know and help them along in their journey to Jesus. I just don't know any unchurched people - I've only been here a few months.
So, I'm out jogging. About mile 3.5. Blinding snowstorm. I'm running down a little road between two massive farm fields - and I notice a truck up ahead, pulling over to the side of the road.
As I approace, I notice the guy is wearing camo and fishing around in the back of his truck.
He's gonna go hunting.
I stop and chat. And find out that he's hunting coyote!
Wow -- I've never hunted coyote before.
So, as he's telling me about his occasional "big hunts" with a bunch of his friends, I boldly make the ask: "I want in on this - it sounds fun!" Well, he could have plinked me with his .270 right there, but instead, he gave me his card and said that I could join them.
Yeeha!
This is what is called "purpose driven hunting".

3 comments:

alex said...

way to go mark!

Heidi Lee said...

You've got guts. Good job. I love your "on fire" spirit.

glennteal said...

Coyote Killing for Christ...
Holy Hunting...
Fully Devoted carnage...

The possibilities are endless.