Friday, January 25, 2008

One more from Eric


Hey Mark,

I have wept in my proverbial closet twice today, my heart is broken for these people. Today Gail told me that they view us blanc's as their only help from God. Today a woman came in with her husband he was almost blind with severe cataracts. They only had one ticket. She asked if we could see her also. I went to get her a ticket but I was told that we couldn't give her an exam because we were short supplies as it was and there was no way. I gave her a quick Glaucoma check. She had severe Glaucoma and will probably start to go blind from nerve damage in a year. I asked for a ticket again, I understand the predicament, but I also knew her consequence. I had to take a break to weep in private and pray for strength. I begged God to not allow my heart to become hard to these people and their great need. I think the Lord cut deep into my heart today to take me to the next level of commitment. I cannot NOT come back here.

Thank you so much for asking me to oversee this trip a year ago. You will never know how much your leadership, friendship and mentoring have meant to me.

No comments: