Friday, January 25, 2008

Emails from Haiti!

The first one, from Mary...
Hi, we're here. The mission here is really neat. It is really dirty and really a beautiful country. I had a lizard in my room tonight. I guess he will keep other bugs away. Two big cockroaches in my toilet tank. Something ran across my bed. I think it was a gecko. It is really hot. Tomorrow we go to the church to do the glasses. We had no problems getting in or travel to the mission house. I love you guys. Love to you, Mary Mommy

And then, a couple days later, also from Mary...
Today was really cool. Gave away 140 glasses today. About 138 yesterday. We are only doing 100 pair tomorrow. My job is fitting the glasses. It has been really rewarding. I can't wait to show you the photos. It is really hot and humid. We are inside all the time. It feels safe, but don't worry I'm not wandering around by myself. I have so many neat stories to share. I can't wait. Love to you, Mary

No comments: