Saturday, July 7, 2007

MARKAMICAHIKAH


Well, it's been a while and the dust has settled. A few weeks ago, Micah and I went on the most amazing trip. We hiked along the Appalachian Trail in Virginia -- in the Shenendoah Forest. Then, we finished our trip with a lazy tube ride down the Shenendoah river.




We had a blast! We saw two black bear while hiking, and had one bear visit our tent while camping in the "backcountry". That means no people, no campsites, just us and the wilderness -- and one bear. He woke us up -- we heard him sniffing. That was exciting! (okay, scary!)




I took along food for 10 nights and 5 people. There were two of us and we camped 3 nights. We had leftovers.




We saw deer, waterfalls and creeks and lot's of mountainous terrain. Absolutely beautiful.




But the best part, was being with my son for 4 uninterrupted days. No agenda. Just Micah and me. I loved that part the best!


No comments: