Friday, July 13, 2007

Volunteering At General Conference

So, Thursday was our day to volunteer at the General Conference of the Free Methodist Church held in Spring Arbor, MI. I was given the task of driving a golf cart around the Spring Arbor University campus, shuttling people to and from the different buildings. (Check it out at www.freemethodistchurch.org)

Sometimes what you think is normal turns out to be, uh, not so normal.

So, I'm driving this cart - a 6 seater - and it sputters to a stop and I smell smoke. I comment to myself, out loud, joking: it smells like it's on fire. I get out and look in the back seat, and smoke is pouring out from the engine compartment.


Then, I open it - and flames..."it IS on Fire!"


Boy, do golf carts burn up fast.

3 comments:

kool kenna said...

Don't tell me you burned up your golf cart. Mary

Diane said...

Don't tell me - they didn't ask you to drive again next year.

Crydo said...

Diane?