Sunday, February 8, 2009

Come...or Go?


Sorry, I've been gone for awhile. It'll probably take me months of regular writing to gain back my regular audience of 3 readers.


I have no explanation for my absence - but I haven't been reading blogs much either - just running hard at the church. That's not really good. I get less accomplished and feel more frustrated.


For a few months, I've been praying "Come, Holy Spirit." I'm praying that for me, personally. I'm praying that for my church, too. That God's Holy Spirit would surround me, surround our church.


But just a couple of days ago, I've started changing that prayer. I'm wondering if maybe I'm still too involved in the process. Kind of like saying "God, come over here and bless me with your presence." So, I've changed the prayer a bit to "I'll come to your presence."


I crave that so bad in my life, and for our church. I don't want to "go through the motions" in any way. So, "God, I'm seeking your presence!"


Pray along with me, would you?