Wednesday, June 6, 2007

We Have a Date!

So people! Put this date on your calender!
October 20-27, 2007.

The fine people at CrossRoads church will be leading a team to Haiti!

(Did you know Haiti is no longer one of the 50 United States?) (In fact, it never was.) (The things you learn from an encyclopedia!) (Why am I writing in parentheses?)

Anyway, we'll be going to Haiti to provide free eyecare/vision fixing for those in need. While we've never done this before, I have friends who have, and we can expect to fit 300-400 folks with eyeglasses in a week! That means, people will come to our clinic, have an eye exam, receive a free pair of glasses, and go home ABLE TO SEE! yay!

Doctor John Shaw (my personal optometrist: he helped me get contacts -- and I HAVE AN ASTIGMATISM!) plans on being our missionary doctor for the week - and I can't wait!

My other good friend, Eric Messer - he's putting this trip together. GO ERIC!


We'll be working alongside some awesome people: our Missionaries to Haiti - Gregg and Gail Ennis. Yay G&G! (That's them in the picture.)

So, the lineup for this trip is getting pretty long. It seems like everyone wants to go to Haiti! Why? I think, because they realize the need. And because, as my Dad told me, "God is always where the need is...ALWAYS!"





2 comments:

Kulio said...

I also HAVE AN ASTIGMATISM.

Are you in need of children's used frames?

Crydo said...

yes!
Hey, just by giving frames - that means you've participated in one of our GO factor events!