Friday, June 8, 2007

Hiking the AT


While this has nothing to do with the GO factor - it will explain my absence.
Tomorrow morning my favorite son and I will travel to Virginia. There we will enter the Shenendoah National Forest. And then, we shall hike for 5 days on the Appalachian Trail!
Five days. We've packed our packs - with food and clothes. I can't wait to dive into the 3 pound "yard o beef". I'm not kidding.
We have a tent, and tiny sleeping bags. My pack weighs in at 37 pounds and Micah's at 31. 8-10 miles a day. The plan is simple. Hike 40 miles one way and hitch hike back.
I can't wait.
I am not taking my laptop. But I am taking a machete!
So, see you in a week!

4 comments:

Kulio said...

That's gotta be the people-mover at Disney :-) One of my favorite rides!

Thinking of you guys this week :-)

kool kenna said...

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!

Crydo said...

thanks Kennababe!

Kulio said...

I distinctly read, "see you in a week!" and it is now June 18th...

so where is the follow-up post with all the cool details?

keepin you honest....