Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hurry!

So this morning I'm reading from Exodus, end of chapter 5 and into 6.
Basically, Moses says to God: "Ever since I spoke your name there has been trouble and you have not rescued your people at all."
God's answer is this: "I am and I will."
"I am the Lord."
"I will...bring you out, free you, redeem you, take you as my own, be your God."
And I thought - how my time table is not the same as God's. I want things done now. I'm in "hurry mode" and if something should be done, well, yesterday is when it should have been done...And that impacts my relationship with God.
"How long?" It's like I know what God wants to do, or can do, and yet - why not yet?
And today I'm reminded that God's promise stands strong.
God is. And he knows. He cares. He can. And He will.
For you too.

No comments: