Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Reprinted by permission from my other blog: DREAM BIG found at http://www.portagefmc.blogspot.com/...


I've been reading this amazing book: IT - How Churches and Leaders can Get IT and Keep IT.I like IT.IT - in case you don't know, is an unexplainable phenomena, that intangible but almost palpable feeling you get in some churches and not in others.
Does that help?
How about this: IT is the power of the Holy Spirit unleashed and unabated in a local church - the spirit blows where it chooses, no?
However you describe it, IT is a gift from God - and it's one gift I want.
So, Craig said this: "...almost every with-it church I've observed is virtually obsessed with reaching those who don't know Christ. A passion to share Christ consumes them in a beautiful way."I agree - I am passionate about finding lost people! And then, Craig messed me up when he asked these questions:
"When is the last time you've had a lost person in your home? (The plumber who repaired your sink doesn't count.)
How many meaningful conversations did you have with non-Christians this week?
Who are the nonbelievers you prayed for today?
I couldn't answer those questions very well. And I'm convicted. Certainly - I have good reason - I just moved here for crying out loud! I don't know anyone! But I know that it's awfully easy for my entire life to be consumed with church-world and think I'm doing what Jesus would do.
He made the time to spend with those outside the church family. Of course, he can make time - He created time!
And I believe he can create within me a heart that is driven to find and love the lost. But he won't do it without me. I'll aim, I'll arrange my schedule, and I'll pray for lost and that my heart will be broken!
I wish I was better at doing what I know is right.
I'm praying to start and build relationships with those who are far from God. Will you pray too?Comment below - and we'll pray for each other!

1 comment:

Kulio said...

Very cool. I'm with you!