Monday, April 30, 2007

He Gave His Blood, Why Not Give Yours?

Oh, this will be fun! I mean it!

June 3, 2007 - GO Factor is offering the table and the needle for you to give blood!

Do you know how many lives are saved each year, because the Blood Bank has blood? Thankfully, when my wife had surgery - there was blood available! Mary is still alive and kicking, I mean cooking -- because someone cared enough to give their blood.

And at CrossRoads -- we'll be doing this on a SUNDAY! How convenient! Come and worship, and then give blood! (What a fun offering time!)

Don't worry -- we're not doing blood donations in the auditorium (unless we can work out a way for me to give on the stage while Glenn preaches...hmmm)

Anyway, I think this is an awesome GO Factor event - and proves how serious we are about giving ourselves to others. Let's all give -- it's fun! And, you get free cookies!

4 comments:

larchmeany said...

I'll be there...maybe we can do the double tube thing again (if I were scientifically inclined, I would know the proper name for it).
Still running?

Crydo said...

Yes!
My normal run began as a 2.5 miler.
Now, I'm doing the 4 mile loop.
It's wierd - but I love it.
Run is not the right word really, slog, or something like that is better. The mailman pushing his cart and delivering mail lapped me, twice.
Yeah the Platelet thingy -- I'm pushing to let me give on stage!

Crydo said...

Biby - thanks for checking in!
I followed your blog links -- do you live in India? The reason I ask, is we've been thinking about visiting India -- but I don't quite know where to start!

Emily Smith said...

you're not giving on stage... if I have any say over that-